Ir al contenido principal

Comic your lessons!

Hi everybody!!!

I hope all of you, your families, and your friends are ok.

The new tool I bring you today is Pixton, where you can create comics with different purposes. For using it, it is necessary to sign up; you just need a Gmail, Facebook or Microsoft account, or just an e-mail.

Then, the first time you access Pixton with your new account, a window will appear prompting you to visit the “Create page”, where you can start creating your main character. Once you have chosen its characteristics and the place where the story unfolds, you can start decorating your comic: backgrounds, more characters, colors, dialogues... you can even play with the position and gestures of your characters.

I have created my first comic in Pixton. It is about the current situation we have due to Coronavirus. You can find it below:



I have to say that Pixton is an easy-to-use tool, it is simple, and intuitive. There you can share your comics; it has teamwork options, and you can even adapt the creation according to the use. I love it!!! I have enjoyed creating my comic but, for my future creations I will sign up as a student, because they have more backgrounds without paying (I discovered this too late!). So, the main problem of the tool is that is not entirely free for teachers; it would be perfect if we could use all the backgrounds, expressions, body positions, etc. for free.

I am sure that I will use this tool in the future because all the contents are safe for students to use them. Furthermore, creating comics encourages students’ creativity and their digital competence; it promotes the expression of the emotions; as well as it enhances students’ imagination. Comics can also be used to introduce new contents to students or to review concepts; additionally, comics can be created in different languages, and they can be adapted to the lesson’s contents too, while they engage our students. Who does not surrender to something like this?

I hope the new tool presented has been of your interest. See you soon, stay healthy, and remember to wash your hands! 





Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Mind map design

Hello again!!!! This time I have been trying different tools for creating mind maps. I love mind maps because they are very useful for everything: studying, reviewing, preparing a conference, whatever! So, here I bring you different tools you can use for designing them: Mindmeister   Coggle Mind42 SpiderScribe Bubbl Creately     I have created a mind map with the main contents of plants' lesson. Using it, I could explain students all the lesson, and they can follow the class, as well as studying it and reviewing it at the end of the lesson.  In order to create my mind map I have used two of tools above: coggle and SpiderScribe.  In both, the first thing you have to do (as usual) is to sign up. They have free plans, although they are not as complete as the paying-plans and, in SpiderScribe, you have some advertisements. Firstly, I am going to focus on coggle. This one is very interesting because you can invite colleagues for designing a collaborative mind map. I

Storyboard

Hi everyone!!!! Here I am again!!! This time I bring you a collaborative work made by  Ana ,  Cintia , and me. It is a double-step project. First, we have created a storyboard (step 1) for creating an educational videoclip (step 2). As you could guess (taking into consideration the tittle of this post...) in this blog's entry I am going to write about the first step: our Storyboard.  We did it using the tool  StoryboardThat . As always, the first thing you have to do is to register using your e-mail; Google or Microsoft account; your social networks (Twitter or Facebook); or using the link provided by your teacher (if this is your case).  Once you have done that, you can start creating storyboards! For so, you have a lot of features : - Scenes : This is the place for choosing your background image. You have different options: town, entertainment, home (indoor and outdoor), school, athletics, transportation, work, classical homes, historical, US history, country