Ir al contenido principal

Teaching Tools (Content Curation)

Hello everybody!!! 



Today I have discovered a new website: Symbaloo! It is similar to Pinterest (which all we know) but it also allows you to create learning itineraries for your students. Awesome!!!

It is very easy look and find interesting contents, pictures, videos... but also, create them! You just have to do a web search and whatever you like, you can add it to your Symbaloo. For so, you have to copy the link of the content you like and go to your webmix; press an empty square (it will appear the sentence "Add here"). Then, you select add a new block and finally, you paste the link, name the block and, if you want, add an image. YOU HAVE IT!!!! 

As I just discovered this website, I have just beginning to create my boards there. In the main page of my blog, in the right side, you can find my Symbaloo embedded. There, you will find five resources, all of them related with the plants:

- A diagram to label the parts of a plant: the first thing children will learn about plants are the parts of a plant and their functions. After reading, searching and talking about that topic, children will be able to do this activity. I liked it because it is simple but useful to remember the parts of a plant. 

- A video explaining photosynthesis for kids: it is a very nice video which explains perfectly photosynthesis. I have used this video in my internship; children liked it and understand the process of photosynthesis without problem.

- A website explaining the process of photosynthesis: It is an interesting website about photosynthesis. There the process is explained at different levels. Of course, depending on the age of the students we will use just some parts of the website.

- A video about plants reproduction: I also used this video at school during my internship. Plant reproduction is very well explained for third to fifth grades of primary. It is advisable to pause the video sometimes and assure children understand the content. Later you can talk about pollinization and prepare a drama (a short representation) of it.

-The final resource is a website which is made by BBC and there you will find interactive activities about "Why are plants important?". 


I hope you have enjoyed discovering these resources and, also, reading about Symbaloo.


See you soon!!!!



Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Comic your lessons!

Hi everybody!!! I hope all of you, your families, and your friends are ok. The new tool I bring you today is Pixton , where you can create comics with different purposes. For using it, it is necessary to sign up ; you just need a Gmail, Facebook or Microsoft account, or just an e-mail. Then, the first time you access Pixton with your new account, a window will appear prompting you to visit the “Create page” , where you can start creating your main character. Once you have chosen its characteristics and the place where the story unfolds, you c an start decorating your comic: backgrounds, more characters, colors, dialogues... you can even play with the position and gestures of your characters. I have created my first comic in Pixton. It is about the current situation we have due to Coronavirus. You can find it below: I have to say that Pixton is an easy-to-use tool, it is simple, and intuitive . There you can share your comics; it has teamwork options, and yo

Mind map design

Hello again!!!! This time I have been trying different tools for creating mind maps. I love mind maps because they are very useful for everything: studying, reviewing, preparing a conference, whatever! So, here I bring you different tools you can use for designing them: Mindmeister   Coggle Mind42 SpiderScribe Bubbl Creately     I have created a mind map with the main contents of plants' lesson. Using it, I could explain students all the lesson, and they can follow the class, as well as studying it and reviewing it at the end of the lesson.  In order to create my mind map I have used two of tools above: coggle and SpiderScribe.  In both, the first thing you have to do (as usual) is to sign up. They have free plans, although they are not as complete as the paying-plans and, in SpiderScribe, you have some advertisements. Firstly, I am going to focus on coggle. This one is very interesting because you can invite colleagues for designing a collaborative mind map. I

The world is my audience

Here I am again!!!  This time I had an assignment about recording and sharing a video through Flipgrid , specifically a response to the grid “The world is my audience” (#twima 8 – We all have a story!)   I usually do not do this kind of things… I do not have Instagram, for example, because I do not think anyone needs to know what I am doing every single moment… I do not like telling the world things about me, about what I like the most or where I am in every moment. I prefer keeping these things for me, my family, my friends… I believe people do not care and, if so, it would be worse… But this time is different; the aim of this video is not sharing everything, just a little piece of me, and I do not mind doing that. I thought what to tell… my hobbies, my experience abroad, my first time as a teacher, my worst moments, the best ones… What???? And finally, I found my answer! I am going to share my first walk after the lockdown, in a city which is not where I was born, or wher