Ir al contenido principal

My first podcast!

Hi everybody!!!

I have been a long time without publishing a new entry but... I have an excuse! I have been working on my first podcast ever!!!! It has been amazing, as well as difficult and time-consuming, but I am extremely proud!! I did it!!!


Of course, today I am going to talk about the too I have used to record and publish my podcast. It is spreaker. As usual, the first thing to do when you open the website is... Yes! To sign in. I can bet you could imagine, haha. Ok. For so, you need an e-mail. Then, you have to download the spreaker studio. It is very easy and quick to install. Once you have it, you can start. I recommend you to watch the tutorial at the beginning, and then, to investigate on your own, touching and changing everything just to know how it works. This is what I did.


First, I did one try, but I did not like it...it was very simple. Then, I decided to tell a story which would be the beginning of a lesson plan about animal adaptations; in this option, I could add sound effects in different parts of the story, so...it was perfect! I had to search the sounds I needed on the Internet ; as well as the background music (of course with a free-use license). When I found them, I had to download them, and add them to the spreaker studio. When I had everything ready I wrote properly my lesson plan and the script of my podcast. (Here I leave it for you to read, if you wish).

Finally, the record time had arrived. I do not know how many times I had to record my podcast. Sometimes I said something wrong, another times there were some sounds at home (this is the consequence of being confined); few times I did not play the sound effects at the proper time, or volume... But after many tries.... I got it!!!! When I felt happy with the result, I publish it as an episode in my podcast (which would be like a playlist, made by all the episodes...). I had to say that you can change your podcast description and options as many times as you want.

Here you can have a look to my podcast,


Esta obra está bajo una licencia de Creative Commons Reconocimiento-NoComercial-CompartirIgual 4.0 Internacional.

or listen to my first episode


Something I loved about Spreaker is that you can choose between doing live podcasting or just recording a podcast/episode. When you select this second option (recording offline) you can choose when you want to publish the episode, as well as not publishing it and just download it to your computer. If so, you could select another cloud/web storage page to share your contents. 

Another interesting thing is that, in your podcast options, inside distribution you can select (apart from Spreaker) other sites in which share your podcast, such as, apple podcasts, spotify, google podcasts, castbos, deezer, or podcaster. If you want, you can also link your podcast to your Facebook, Tweeter or other social networks, so your new episodes will be shared through them. 

I think this tool is very complete. You need a little time to discover all its features and I strongly recommend you to investigate everything on your own before start using it. 

In my view, podcasting is a very useful, interesting and engaging tool. Using it is a little time-consuming, but I think it worth it. Also we can teach our students in a different and innovative way; and, if we ask them to use this tools we will be developing their digital competence and their creativity, as well as their language skills, so...  Let's start podcasting!!!

Have a nice weekend. Cheers!!!!!

Comentarios

  1. I really like your new entry. You have created a great story for a podcast.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Maria, your podcast caught my attention. I love it and how you tell the story!

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Comic your lessons!

Hi everybody!!! I hope all of you, your families, and your friends are ok. The new tool I bring you today is Pixton , where you can create comics with different purposes. For using it, it is necessary to sign up ; you just need a Gmail, Facebook or Microsoft account, or just an e-mail. Then, the first time you access Pixton with your new account, a window will appear prompting you to visit the “Create page” , where you can start creating your main character. Once you have chosen its characteristics and the place where the story unfolds, you c an start decorating your comic: backgrounds, more characters, colors, dialogues... you can even play with the position and gestures of your characters. I have created my first comic in Pixton. It is about the current situation we have due to Coronavirus. You can find it below: I have to say that Pixton is an easy-to-use tool, it is simple, and intuitive . There you can share your comics; it has teamwork options, and yo

Mind map design

Hello again!!!! This time I have been trying different tools for creating mind maps. I love mind maps because they are very useful for everything: studying, reviewing, preparing a conference, whatever! So, here I bring you different tools you can use for designing them: Mindmeister   Coggle Mind42 SpiderScribe Bubbl Creately     I have created a mind map with the main contents of plants' lesson. Using it, I could explain students all the lesson, and they can follow the class, as well as studying it and reviewing it at the end of the lesson.  In order to create my mind map I have used two of tools above: coggle and SpiderScribe.  In both, the first thing you have to do (as usual) is to sign up. They have free plans, although they are not as complete as the paying-plans and, in SpiderScribe, you have some advertisements. Firstly, I am going to focus on coggle. This one is very interesting because you can invite colleagues for designing a collaborative mind map. I

The world is my audience

Here I am again!!!  This time I had an assignment about recording and sharing a video through Flipgrid , specifically a response to the grid “The world is my audience” (#twima 8 – We all have a story!)   I usually do not do this kind of things… I do not have Instagram, for example, because I do not think anyone needs to know what I am doing every single moment… I do not like telling the world things about me, about what I like the most or where I am in every moment. I prefer keeping these things for me, my family, my friends… I believe people do not care and, if so, it would be worse… But this time is different; the aim of this video is not sharing everything, just a little piece of me, and I do not mind doing that. I thought what to tell… my hobbies, my experience abroad, my first time as a teacher, my worst moments, the best ones… What???? And finally, I found my answer! I am going to share my first walk after the lockdown, in a city which is not where I was born, or wher