Ir al contenido principal

Infographic

Hi everyone!!!


Here I am again! In this post I bring you a tool to make your own infographics

An  infographic is a very visual tool to show, explain, review or introduce content.

The tool that I am going to introduce you (and which I have chosen to do my infographic) is Piktochart, a simple, easy-to-use, free, and complete on-line tool. In my opinion, Piktochart is outstanding for making an infographic, since it permits you to incorporate thereon all the ingredients for an infographic to be perfect. 



It offers a good vary of images, shapes and icons to form the infographic visual; but not only that, it also permits to add different backgrounds, charts, maps, videos, and letter fonts to complete and improve your infographic. And, what is more, we can upload our own photos, drawings or images too; as well as to feature links to different interesting websites, and therefore having an complete and nice infographic. 

I strongly believe that this is a very simple tool to use, and an interesting one to know; deffinetely, it is a very great tool for our lessons. 


As I said before, Infographics are tools that enable us to do a good range of activities. They could be employed by teachers in order to present or review contents in a very visual, engaging, attractive and totally different manner. Moreover, they could be also used by students, to do oral presentations of a topic or as a review at the end of a lesson. 

On the other hand, it is necessary to admit that if you want to do a beautiful, engaging and complete infographic, you need to spend a lot of time working on it... but I think it worth it!

For all these reasons, I think I will use printed or virtual infographics with my students. 

Below these lines, you have the Infographic I  have created, for sumarizing the content: Cristopher Columbus and his travels. As you can see, it includes the title, a body with visuals (pictures, timeline, facts...) and short explanations (welll, as short as I could...)



I have created it for printing it and give it to students, this is the reason why I have not included links or videos. But those are possibilities that I will use in my next infographic for sure.



My infographic, I think, it would be a beautiful way to present the topic and motivate children for researching and summarizing. This tool could be used also at the beginning of every topic/lesson, therefore students can anticipate what they are about to study/learn.



Piktochart is, with none doubt, one of the tools that I have liked and enjoyed the most and which I will use without any doubt in the future. 

See you soon!


Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Storyboard

Hi everyone!!!! Here I am again!!! This time I bring you a collaborative work made by  Ana ,  Cintia , and me. It is a double-step project. First, we have created a storyboard (step 1) for creating an educational videoclip (step 2). As you could guess (taking into consideration the tittle of this post...) in this blog's entry I am going to write about the first step: our Storyboard.  We did it using the tool  StoryboardThat . As always, the first thing you have to do is to register using your e-mail; Google or Microsoft account; your social networks (Twitter or Facebook); or using the link provided by your teacher (if this is your case).  Once you have done that, you can start creating storyboards! For so, you have a lot of features : - Scenes : This is the place for choosing your background image. You have different options: town, entertainment, home (indoor and outdoor), school, athletics, transportation, work, classical homes, historical, US history, country

Comic your lessons!

Hi everybody!!! I hope all of you, your families, and your friends are ok. The new tool I bring you today is Pixton , where you can create comics with different purposes. For using it, it is necessary to sign up ; you just need a Gmail, Facebook or Microsoft account, or just an e-mail. Then, the first time you access Pixton with your new account, a window will appear prompting you to visit the “Create page” , where you can start creating your main character. Once you have chosen its characteristics and the place where the story unfolds, you c an start decorating your comic: backgrounds, more characters, colors, dialogues... you can even play with the position and gestures of your characters. I have created my first comic in Pixton. It is about the current situation we have due to Coronavirus. You can find it below: I have to say that Pixton is an easy-to-use tool, it is simple, and intuitive . There you can share your comics; it has teamwork options, and yo

Mind map design

Hello again!!!! This time I have been trying different tools for creating mind maps. I love mind maps because they are very useful for everything: studying, reviewing, preparing a conference, whatever! So, here I bring you different tools you can use for designing them: Mindmeister   Coggle Mind42 SpiderScribe Bubbl Creately     I have created a mind map with the main contents of plants' lesson. Using it, I could explain students all the lesson, and they can follow the class, as well as studying it and reviewing it at the end of the lesson.  In order to create my mind map I have used two of tools above: coggle and SpiderScribe.  In both, the first thing you have to do (as usual) is to sign up. They have free plans, although they are not as complete as the paying-plans and, in SpiderScribe, you have some advertisements. Firstly, I am going to focus on coggle. This one is very interesting because you can invite colleagues for designing a collaborative mind map. I